About the authors:
Fomina E.V., Tyumen State University, associate professor, Department of foreign languages and intercultural professional communication
This paper considers investigating two theories of glaciation of Western Yamal. As a result of a detailed study of the theory of such scholars as V.I. Astakhov, A.A. Vasiliev and etc., we come to the conclusion that despite being well-examined, the theme of glaciations of the western part of Yamal remains open for future discussions. Having based only on the permafrost theories, it is impossible to make a clear choice between the existing ones.
1. Atlas of the Yamalo-Nenets Autonomous District. Omsk, Federal State Unitary Enterprise "Omsk cartographic factory", 2004, 304 p.
2. Vasiliev A.A., Pokrovsky C.I., Shur Y.L. Dynamics of the thermoabrasive coasts of the Western Yamal. // Earth's Cryosphere, 2001, Vol. V, №1, P. 44-52.
3. Vasiliev A.A. Dynamics of the sea coasts in the cryolite zone of the Western Sector of the Russian Arctic (on the example of the Kara Sea). PhD thesis in geology and mineral sciences. Tyumen, 2004, 290 p.
4. Gataullin V.N. Upper Quaternary deposits of the west coast of the Yamal Peninsula: Abstract of the thesis of Candidate of Sciences in geology and mineral sciences. L, VSEGEI, 1988, 21 p.
5. Dubikov G.I. The composition and structure of the frozen cryogenic strata of Western Siberia. Moscow, GEOS, 2002, 246 p.
6. Kanevsky M.Z., Streletskaya I.D., Vasiliev A.A. Laws of formation of cryogenic structure of Quaternary deposits of Western Yamal (on the example of Marre-Sale district). // Earth's Cryosphere, 2005, Vol. IX, №3, P. 16-27.
7. Kaplyanskaya F.A., Tarnogradsky V.D. Relict glacier ice in the north of Western Siberia and its role in the structure of Pleistocene glaciation regions of the cryolite zone. // DAN, 1976, Vol.. 231, №5, P. 1185 - 1187.
8. Methods of regional engineering and permafrost studies for lowland areas research. / Ed. Ed. G.I. Dubikov, E.S. Melnikov. M .: Nedra, 1986, 207 p.
9. Yamal peninsula (engineering and geotechnical essay). / Ed. V.T. Trofimova. M .: MGU, 1975, 276 p.
10. Forman S.L., Ingolfsson O., Gataullin V.N. et al. Late Quaternary stratigraphy of Western Yamal Peninsula, Russia: New constraints on the configuration of the Eurasian ice sheet. // Geology, 1999. Vol. 27. №9. P. 807 - 810.