About the authors:
Los M.A. , Tyumen State University, Department of Physical geography and ecology, Postgraduate student
Fomina E.V., Tyumen State University, associate professor, Department of foreign languages and intercultural professional communication
Application of geographical information systems (GIS) is very important for the sustainable development in all directions of human activity including tourism. GIS help to solve important problems such as planning and management in order to optimize and develop the tourism industry.
1. Avdimiotis, S. and Christou, E. (2004) GIS applications in tourism planning:
A tool for sustainable development involving local communities. Journal of
Environmental Protection & Ecology, Vol.5.
2. Fadahunsi, J.T. (2011) Application of Geographical Information System
(GIS) Technology to Tourism Management in Ile-Ife, Osun State, Nigeria. The
Pacific Journal of Science and Technology, Vol. 12.
3. Farsari, Y. and Prastacos, P. (2002) GIS Contribution for the Evaluation and
Planning of Tourism: a sustainable tourism perspective. Foundation for Research and
Technology Hellas, Institute of Applied and Computational Mathematics, Regional
Analysis Division, Heraklion.
4. Rosilawati, Z., Zainab, A.B. and Sayed, J.S.A. (2006) GIS Application in
Identifying Tourism Resources. Jati, Vol. 11.
5. Коновалова Н.В. Введение в ГИС. М.: Библион, 1997. 160 с.
6. Берлянт А.М. Картография. М.: Аспект-Пресс, 2001. 336 с.